Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Arrival

Hello Everyone!
I just wanted to write and let you all know that I am here and safe and having a great time.  The Peace Corps treats everyone so well and even though there is a lot going on and I don’t really know what’s next, I’m not worried at all.  They have been preparing me well and do not throw people into situations they cannot handle!
We just had cultural training and survival Wolof today, which both made me even more excited to move in with my host family in a bit.  On Sunday we get to explore Theis, so far we’ve just be in the Peace Corps compound.  I’m glad for the time to adjust to everything but am so excited to finally get out and really begin to experience the culture here.
Since my days have mostly consisted of training classes, there is not too much to report yet but I wanted to say hi and thank everyone for all their support!  I miss everyone at home but am incredibly excited to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment